Traditional dentures are disliked by most people. They come with the hassle of slipping out inside your mouth while you are speaking or chewing. Implant-secured dentures may be the ideal solution for you if you’re tired of dealing with such issues. These dentures, unlike ordinary ones, are permanently attached to your implants and cannot be removed. They look and feel just like your real teeth, and they’re extremely comfortable and secure. Our dentists at Burton Family Dental will provide you with a detailed understanding of implant-secured dentures in this blog.
What Are Implant-Secured Dentures?
Implant-secured dentures are very different from your regular dentures. They are attached to your dental implants instead of your gums. Since the lower jaw requires the most support, they are usually inserted there. Your Burton dentist could recommend you to choose these types of dentures if you have enough jawbone to support the implants.
Why Should You Choose Implant-Secured Dentures?
Now that we know what implant-secured dentures are, let us find out why we should choose them. Your favorite dentist in Burton has listed some of the reasons below.
- Very stable and capable of providing a significant amount of support to the implants.
- Since they are secured to your implants, they have no danger of slipping off or sliding within your mouth. Hence, A they are a very practical solution.
- Looks exactly like your natural set of teeth. These appliances do not look out of place or artificial.
- Improves the aesthetics and enhances your overall appearance. Helps to boost your confidence as well.
- Can make a significant difference in the normal functioning of your teeth.
- Implant-secured dentures ensure that there is no bone loss. They stimulate the growth of bone cells and prevent jaw bone disintegration.
- With these dentures, you can enjoy all your favorite food items once again. There is no restriction on your diet.
How To Take Care Of Your Implant-Secured Dentures?
Maintenance is key when it comes to making sure your dentures last longer. The best Burton dentist has provided certain tips that can help you to take better care of your implant-secured dentures.
- It is essential to brush your teeth, gums, and the roof of your mouth if your implant-secured dentures have not been placed properly.
- Before brushing, rinse your dentures properly to remove any food particles that may have remained.
- You should also rinse your dentures after each meal.
- To maintain your dentures, use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a non-abrasive cleanser.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures, soak them in regular water.
Cost Of Implant-Secured Dentures
The exact price is usually based on several criteria, and the price also varies substantially. In this scenario, your dental insurance plan is also a deciding element. In the case of two implants, however, the cost is likely to be around $6000. The cost could also increase depending on the number of implants you require, your oral health condition, and the place where you stay. You must consult your dentist in Burton if you are looking for an exact estimate.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand everything you need to know about these special appliances. Get in touch with us at Burton Family Dental if you are looking for the best implant-secured dentures in Burton, MI.